E. Bardají y Asociados considers architecture based on the perspective of its condition of shared creativity; shared, not only due to the existence of simultaneous aspects and the different intrinsic components of architecture (urban integration, spatial composition, technology and construction, functional resolutions, cultural vibration), but also due to the inevitable presence of the different agents intervening in the architecture production process (promoter capital, construction industry, regulatory administration, users).
Our style is synonymous with our attitude, which is to permanently strive to achieve excellence as a utopia, attempting to understand and become involved in real city construction processes. This attitude, considered as a style, may have a more architectural reflection through trying to escape from a rational reality, being concerned about economic waste, taking an interest in constructive accuracy but without putting it before comfort, attempting to dignify what is “ordinary” as a value, in an ongoing effort to distinguish it from what is mediocre and by aspiring to achieve a shared, transmissible beauty that is situated at an equidistant point between geniality and vulgarity.
Our main studio is in Madrid and we have an office on the Spanish Costa del Sol. We first started business activity back in 1987 and our studio has won several prizes, including the EEC Prize for European Local Planning in 2000 for Enrique Bardají’s participation in the Special Santiago de Compostela Plan, the Arturo Soria y Mata Planning Prize of the Region of Madrid in 2001, the Carlos Maria Castro Environmental Planning Prize of the Region of Madrid in 2002, and First Prize in different architectural and planning competitions and tenders.
The architecture projects undertaken by E. Bardají y Asociados S.L. include General Plans, Partial Plans, Urban Planning Projects, Residential Buildings, Office and Service Buildings, Rehabilitation of historic buildings, clinics, hotels and gardens, particularly in the Region of Madrid, and also in cities such as Oviedo, Saragossa, Sotogrande (San Roque, Cádiz), Estepona, Alicante, Puertollano, Guadalajara, Santiago de Compostela, Badajoz, Pforzheim and Berlin (Germany).
Publications about projects and works
- Escaparatismo (Window Dressing). Vinçon Store
- Diseño Interior nº 67, (Interior Design nº 67) (Architecture Studio).
- Arquitectura Viva nº 70 (Living Architecture nº 70) “2000”
- A & V nº 3 “1985”, (Spanish High-Speed Rail Tender – Saragossa).
- Pasajes nº 16 (Passages nº 16) “2000”, (Spanish High-Speed rail Tender – Saragossa).
- Costes + Datos de Edificación (Building Costs + Figures) “1996”, (Homes in El Espinillo, Madrid).
- Costes + Datos de Edificación (Building Costs * Figures) “1997”.
- Conarquitectura “Enero 2005”, (Homes in Leganés, Alcobendas and Orcasitas).
- Berlín Lebenswert. Biesdorf Tender.
- Diseño Interior nº 74, (Vinçon Store).
- AD. Nº 14, (House on Calle Castelló, Madrid).
- Wohnen in den Ministergarten, Berlin 2002. International Tender Results.
Books and Institutional Publications
- Guía de Arquitectura de Madrid (Guide to the Architecture of Madrid)
- Ciudad-Jardín Loranca (Loranca City-Garden) “1998” , (Loranca Shopping Centre).
- E. Bardají & Asociados, S.L. “1986-2002”
- Libro Colectivo SIC 02 “Entorno A la M-30” (COAM –Official Association of Architects of Madrid- Foundation – 2005).
- Libro Colectivo SIC 03 “Urbanismo. Madrid 2008” (COAM –Official Association of Architects of Madrid- Foundation– 2008)
- Hospital de Alcorcón “1998”. Introduction
- COAM “Good Job Awards “2005”
- Ideas Competition for the COACM (Official Association of Architects of Castilla/La Mancha) Head Office “2007”
- Advanced School of Industrial Engineers in San Fernando, Cádiz “2007”.
- Architecture Tenders in Extremadura “1980-2006”
- Cerca del Tajo. (Near the Tagus) Toledo City Council
- Madrid Planning Prize
- Madrid Proyecto Madrid “1983-1987”
- Encuentros de Gerencias Municipales (Municipal Management Meetings) “1994”
- Nuevos Ensanches de Madrid (Newly-built districts of Madrid) “1985-1993”
- Dokunmentation Fachkongresses “Nov.1992”
- Feria India de Ingeniería y Comercio “1999”
EU Regional Urban Design and Planning Prize 1997/98.
“Special Protection and Rehabilitation Plan of the Historic city of Santiago de Compostela”. 1998.
“Arturo Soria y Mata” Local Planning Prize. Region of Madrid (2000)
UE-39 Partial Plan “El Guijar” in Arganda del Rey (Madrid). 2000.
“Carlos María de Castro” Environmental Planning Prize. Region of Madrid (2001).
Project for Restoring and Rehabilitating Market Gardens as Historic Landscapes in Aranjuez (Madrid). 2002.
First prize in international tender
New Ministry of Defence Headquarters. In collaboration with CH2MHILL. 2002.
Fourth prize in international tender
Urban planning for the Biësdorf Sector of East Berlin. (Germany). July 1994.
Honorary mention in international tender
Frankfurt am Main city council cleaning and workshop park (Germany). 1993.
First prize in international tender
Urban planning for the industrial sector of Hohenäcker, PFORZHEIM (Germany). 1989.
Partial Plan of the “Logistics Centre of Úbeda-Baeza” EPSA 2010
144 Government Subsidised Homes in Hortaleza. Madrid. IVIMA. 2010
Extension of Courthouse in Ponferrada, (León). Ministry of Justice. 2009.
Partial Plans of “Camino de Almagro” and “Ferrocarril” in Valdepeñas. SEPES. 2008
Almendralejo Palace of Justice, (Badajoz). Ministry of Justice. 2008.
75 State-Subsidised Homes in Móstoles, (Madrid). 2006.
56 State-Subsidised homes for Málaga City Council Housing Department. 2005.
Library, sports complex and theatre in Fuenlabrada for ALCAMPO, S.A. 1995.
Loranca Ciudad-Jardín (Loranca City-Garden) at Loranca Shopping Centre, Fuenlabrada (Madrid). 1995.
58 State-Subsidised homes in Getafe (Madrid). 1994.
163 State-Subsidised homes in Alcalá de Henares (Madrid). 1993.
Other prizes, mentions and distinctions received.
Region of Madrid Transfusions Centre. 1997. Second Prize
New Tenerife Norte Airport (Tenerife). 1994. Second Prize
Peñuelas Home for the Elderly in Madrid. Special mention from Madrid City Council (2002)
96 viviendas VPP en “Valdelasfuentes”, Alcobendas. (Madrid). 2003.
”Good Job” distinction from the Region of Madrid, awarded by the COAM (Official Association of Architects of Madrid)
Social Club and Golf Clubhouse “Altavista”, Mijas (Málaga). 2006.
First prize in a restricted-entry tender